MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Hello, I have a Maytag Dishwasher E71195, Type 777-0. I

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Maytag Dishwasher E71195, Type 777-0.

I interrupted a wash cycle by pressing the end button. Following that, I am now unable to start a new cycle. Many of the lights on the control panel no longer light up (the buttons that no longer do anything are: Heavy Wash, Normal Wash, Sanitize, Heated Dry, Auto Clean and Start/Cancel); however, the Delay Wash, Light Wash and Rinse Only buttons do still cause the LED lights to toggle on and off (but don't start a wash cycle.)

I've tried cutting power to the unit by cutting the circuit breaker to the kitchen, but that did not cause any change.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
This is typical of a failed touch pad. It would need replacing. Not at all uncommon.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found this site - Can I just order one of these parts and replace it, or is more diagnosis needed to determine which part.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5177867

If it is one of these, which should I order?

Thank you.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.

You can order the part anywhere you wish. Let the people you are buying it from look it up for you-that is what they do all day long. I would buy it locally if practical- why pay shipping? You can perform a test on the touchpad but it requires using a multimeter and you can read the instructions for doing so from the tech sheet that should be behind the toe grill or get it from servicematters.com.