Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Wahser. I keep getting

I have a whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Wahser. I keep getting the code that indicates the water is draining too slow or not at all. I've drained the washer and found I can see a couple of socks between the spin drum and the outer drum. How do I get these items out so the water will drain properly. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model # ? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model number is XXXXX serial number CW4070967
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
heres the breakdown of the tub assembly, pop the cap off in the center of the wash plate and under it is a bolt remove the to get the wash plate up, you wont be able to get it out completely unless you take the top off the tub but you can tip the plate up to get to the items, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried that and nothing seemed to happen. There is an allen wrench cam type sleeve under the unit. And in order to loosen the bolt you have to hold the allen sleeve which I did, but the bolt inside the wash drum did not come out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sorry thats the only way to do it, I'll opt out and maybe someone has a trick for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Let me ask you one more question. Is there another way to hold the drum from moving to loosen the bolt without holding number 22 on the diagram you sent me. Number 22 loosened but like I said the inside bolt didn't seem to want to come out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
let me take another look, I'll be back in a bit,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
22

Bolt, rotor assembly non-serviceable (supplied ...

heres the service manual they give us for service look at page five, you may be able to hold this from the bottom, http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10026571.pdf

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry but what does that mean?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
# XXXXX is the rotor bolt, look at page 5 on the service manual.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I understand that, but without holding that still I can not attempt to loosen the inside drum bolt. Unless you know of another way to hold the drum still. When I attempted to loosen the drum bolt the rotor moved as well. This is why I am asking if there is another way to hold the drum still so I can loosen the drum bolt. Thank you for your time on this.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

no problem , well the best way is to remove the tub cap on the outer tub and hold the inner tub . this requires lifting the top up, on this diagram push the clips marked # XXXXX in and lift the top , this will give you better access to the tub assembly. these machine are a pain sorry I'm not as clear as I'd like to be,

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.