Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I NEED TO SHUT OFF THE GAS BEHIND MY STOVE. HOW DO I DO T

I NEED TO SHUT OFF THE GAS BEHIND MY STOVE. HOW DO I DO THAT?

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

if your stove has a flex line you can slide it out to get behind it , there should be a ball type shut off right behind the stove , if this is hard piped you should be able to remove the bottom drawer and reach in under to get to this. hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HI BYRAN,

I FOUND THE MODEL NUMBER - VF1Q702168

also i don't know what a flex line is, ball type shut off, or even hard piped.

kathy kell

ok well a flex line in a gas line that flexes and looks similar to this, Whirlpool 24"L Flex Water Lineand the valve will look like this, AMERICAN VALVE1" Gas Ball Valve open the oven door and try pull the stove out, if it come out the you can get to the valve, turn it so its sideways (the red handle) and thats off. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

bryan,

i am going to pay this, but i'm having trouble getting the stove out and just in case i have anymore questions about this, i'm not paying quite yet.

thanks

kathy kell

sure, I was off line (had to go out) if you need more info just ask, thanks Bryan