John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a quiet scrub Kitchen Aid dishwasher which was installed

Customer Question

I have a "quiet scrub" Kitchen Aid dishwasher which was installed perhaps 10 - 15 years ago in my vacation home. The dishes are not getting clean and I suspect the filters need to be cleaned. But I do not have my manual and need help taking it apart to clean it. I have removed the baskets and central mechanism for dispersing the water, but can see there is debris. Can you help me? Susan on Orcas Island, Washington
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
appliance doctor :

Thanks for the question, do you have the model number for that unit, its located inside the door.

Customer:

The model number is XXXXX

Customer:

I'm ready and waiting.

appliance doctor :

Thanks for the question, the number nine in the breakdown is the part you have to remove and clean out, its the most common problem with that model.

Customer:

I do not understand what you are referring to with number 9.

appliance doctor :

Full Size Image

appliance doctor :

The number nie in this breakdown, it gets clogged up and will cause that problem.

appliance doctor :

Thats the number nine sorry

Customer:

So i need to remove the 9 screws from the bottom piece and the continue to the lower number 9?

appliance doctor :

Yes and the screws they use are cleed Torx head screws so you may not have that head.

appliance doctor :

thats called Torx heads

Customer:

you are right. I think I will need to get a service rep here, not easy, but afraid I will put this out of commission. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will sign off.

appliance doctor :

Its easy once you remove the top housing.

Customer:

Sorry, but your answer did not help me to fix my problem. It is not easy because I do not have the proper head to remove the screws. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX was not able to fix my problem.

appliance doctor :

then you should get the proper tools because you will need that in the future.

Customer:

thanks

appliance doctor :

Your welcome.