Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi, I have a Magic Chef Wine Cooler Model # MCWC30MCG bought

I have a Magic Chef Wine Cooler Model # XXXXX bought in 2004 at Home Depot. We had a lightening strike 2 days ago and since that time the cooler doesn't seeem to run. There's a click every 5-10 minutes but the compressor doesn't seem to come on. Is there some switch that I might be able to replace? I have it up on a work bench in the basement now. If it's the compressor I'm not going to mess with it, but if it's a something simple I'll give it a try. I'm fairly handy with electrical stuff but not with compressors ect.

Thanks, Ian XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

you will need to replace the compressor relay. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this just plugs onto the side of the compressor, very easy to change, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MCWC30MCG-%3d%3di1206838&PartID=1206838 for around $20.00, this will take care of your problem, thanks Bryan