Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Waher, Model WASE4220A0WW. The cycle will

I have a GE Profile Waher, Model WASE4220A0WW. The cycle will stop for no obvious reason and you need to press the "Start/Stop/Reset" button to continue. The indicator lights go off so it is not like a lid switch is open. The cycle will stop during filling, agatating, draining or spinning. The washer is 8 years old and this symtom started about 6 months ago. I replaced the motor with an upgrade unit about 6 years ago.

unfortunately there is a problem, before ordering this however open the control panel and check for loose plugs, it may be just a loose plug on the board, if that doesn't work you will need to replace the control, Part 877737you can order this @ if needed, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That is what I was afraid of. How do you access the control panel?
there are screws along the top of the control panel, unplug the washer and remove those, then tip the whole control panel forward, it will be right there.