Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Samsung RFG297AARS refrigerator and the ice maker

I have a Samsung RFG297AARS refrigerator and the ice maker makes a clicking sound. Water supply to the frig seems to be good, but it's making little ice. Problem started after I replaced the water filter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

this is common on these, first you will need to check and see if theres an ice buildup in the ice maker itself, the best way is the remove it and defrost the ice maker with a hair dryer, if it still does the clicking then its in the ice maker itself and you will need to replace it, heres a link to the ice maker. DA97-05554A&productGroupId=0046&supplierId=401&brandId=x&documentId=50033369&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=x&keyId=31&pageId=00005&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=RFG297AAWP/XAA&subCompDesc=Evap-refrig&brandDesc=SAMSUNG&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11 thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I remove the ice maker? I've removed the ice tray, but that's it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

this model the diagrams are limited, does you ice maker look like this one? | SAM Ice Maker Kit, part number: AP4310554

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can't tell because it's a top view and I haven't removed the part from the frig yet. That's the first thing I have to do, get this part out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yeah the auger has to come out and then there are screws I believe on this at the top of the ice maker going into the side wall,