Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Kenmore (WCI) XXXXXXXXXXX electric range. The actual

We have a Kenmore (WCI) XXXXXXXXXXX electric range. The actual oven temp is about 150 deg below what it is set to. Adjustment is max 35 deg. Any ideas on repair? I would suspect a sensor, but none appear on the Sears part list...

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

cna you resend the model # XXXXX a space between each #? it didnt come through. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
7 9 0 9 6 4 1 3 4 0 2
ok, the temperature sensor(probe) is bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is twenty one dollars at if this doesnt work then it the erc (electronic range control) this is around $80.00, I believe the probe will fix the problem however, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Many tks. Is the sensor something I can get at myself relatively easily? I am reasonably handy, but not an appliance expert...
yes its mounted on the back wall in the oven , Sorry I forgot to mention that, thanks Bryan