Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a GE Electric Spectra oven and we cleaned it last evening

Customer Question

I have a GE Electric Spectra oven and we cleaned it last evening and I went to use it this morning and I can't get the flashing clean light to go off so I can use the oven. I have undone the latch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
MasterTech :

So are you saying the door was locked with the clean light flashing...?

Customer:

this morning I turned the oven off and unlocked it.

Customer:

then tried to preheat the oven and all that would happen is the clean light would flash

MasterTech :

Did this happen while you were doing a self clean to begin with...?

Customer:

after the clean was completed

Customer:

we are redoing the self clean now again

MasterTech :

Ok great just trying to get a idea of the events up to this...Normally when this happens after a self clean..Your problem will be either the control board /clock itself or the door lock switch..You are ahead of the game by having the door unlocked...What you would need to do is test the door lock switch with a meter..For countinuity...If the switch is ok then your computer is damaged...I tell most all of my customers not to use the self clean...It creates such a intense amount of heat which in turn damages the computer components on the board

Customer:

thank you

MasterTech :

You are welcome...I wish i had better news for you...Sometimes if you cut power to the unit and back on this might reset the computer..Try that before replacing board...Also once you use the accept option please take the time to leave some feedback...Thanks Bob