SparePartsPro
SparePartsPro, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  EITB Trained Maint Tech, BTEC Mech Eng, 10 yrs Appl Tech
41227295

I have a Bosch oven hbn 1315.0b en XXXXXXXXXX we were using

Customer Question

I have a Bosch oven hbn 1315.0b en XXXXXXXXXX we were using it and then all of a sudden it stopped working when we heard a little popping sound, the rcd in the garage had tripped, we then reset the trip switch.

Thier is power to the oven as the lcd displays works
the bulb had blown
looks like the back fan has stopped working

i took time to investigate and tryed looking for a fuse at the back of the appliance i could not find it.

I took the top cover of and it revealed another fan, when powered this works and you can hear this when the oven is in its normal state

However the actual main fan is not working?

I need to know does this appliance have a fuse (if so where is it located)?

And does it look likely the back fan on the oven will need to be replaced to enable this appliance to function again as normal.

Can you supply me with the part number and local supplier so I can get this repaired.

Look forward to your speedy reply
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 4 years ago.
Hi There

This oven is fitted with two thermal fuses. One is fitted to the top panel front and top panel rear where you saw the fan in the top working.
You can check both these for open circuit but I suspect they may be OK as the top fan is still running.
Isolate from the mains, remove the back cover and with the terminals wires disconnected from the fan motor, check the resistance of the coil in the motor.
It may have gone open circuit or even to ground as you did say it tripped the RCD.

Try this and get back to me.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do i check the resistance on the coil????

what do you mean by thermal fuses, are they like any other fuse???

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi can you reply on the above???

many thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi, I have just switched on the oven to see what is still operating , to my suprise

the oven bulb works

the back fan spins round

the grill heats up

the lcd display is still operating

but thier is no heat being genearted by the oven when the fan oven is opearting

so no cooking other than grill cooking, this is a mystery, i presume thier must a delay mechanism fitted?????

look forward to your reply

Hi There

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I had to be away from my desk.

It sounds as if the fan element has failed. Your can order a new element from HERE
I would be inclined to test the element first before I order and also those thermal fuses mounted on the top plate.
One will almost certainly be connected in series with the fan element.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tony,

How would you test the fan element???

How would you test the thermal fuses???

Look forward to your reply

Kully

Take your multimeter and set it to ohms, resistance. We need to check both components for continuity. Are they open circuit or closed circuit.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tony, sorry been busy, an electrician has checked all the main contacts and thier is continuity, so what can be the problem, what do i need to do to get the oven oven providing heat.

As mentioned in prev mail, the main oven FAN works but not producing any heat to circulate all other functions are operating on the oven.

Look forward to your reply

Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 3 years ago.
Hi There

You need to check your oven thermostat.
Looking front of the oven the right hand side control switch should be the oven thermostat.
Take the top off the oven to reveal the oven thermostat. It is mounted on the back on the oven selector switch.
There are two wires connected to it. It allows the thermostat to be wired in series with the oven element.
Disconnect the wires and put your meter across the terminals. With the meter set to Ohms turn the selector knob. The oven thermostat should make and break as you turn the knob up and then down.
If it doesn't do this then replace the thermostat.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi i have a mutimeter i have set it to ohms it goes from 200 nto 2000 what setting do you suggest????
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi mate can you call me on XXXXXXXXXXX this may make it easier to resolve this lookforward to your reply or ring me on 01332 767843
Set the meter to 200 Ohms and check that the thermostat makes and breaks.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi mate, the thermostat does not break, i set the multi tester as you described, can you give description and part item for the relevant part required. cheers
You can order a new oven thermostat from HERE.

kind regards Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi i got the part, replaced the part behind the switch, know left with probe, what is the best way to fit this, looks like you have to dismantle half the oven to get the probe through the back, can you advise ?????
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i put on the new part, still not working, i'll have to get a engineer to it, thanks for trying to resolve the problem
OK thanks for getting back to me.
Maybe you missed something. Did you connect the thermostat correctly. Are you sure that the thermostat was initially at fault.
If you want to discuss further then do let me know.