How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE microwave / oven combination built into my kitchen

Resolved Question:

I have a GE microwave / oven combination built into my kitchen cabinets. The microwave has stopped working. What can I do to get it working. I am handy and feel confident when working with electicy.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me a full model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model # J KP78COK3 BC
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

there are internal fuses in this but I cant bring up the diagrams, these fuses can be changed but if its more like a board they are no longer available, the fuses are usually behind the control panel. please read this warning before proceeding however,

CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.




Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microwave oven

if you do find a bad fuse Lowes usually has them , well wishes and be safe, thanks Bryan

Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions