Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my fisher & paykel ecosmart washer does not go into the rinse

my fisher & paykel ecosmart washer does not go into the rinse and spin cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok so this is a pump block error and the unit won't drain, spin, or rinse without correcting the issue. You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit. The drain pump is located in the front right corner. It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it. Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it. There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off.

If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it. Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages. Remove any blockages if necessary.

If both things check good, then you just need to replace the drain pump itself and it costs about $100.