Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My 2 year old Maytag dishwasher will not change cycles. I

My 2 year old Maytag dishwasher will not change cycles. I cannot get the sanitize and heated dry cycle to activate and can only use the auto clean and hi temp wash. What am I doing incorrectly? I am following the instructions in the manual and have also unplugged the machine for a minute.

thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
can you check that model number again? I'm pretty sure there should only be 4 numbers in the middle not 5.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You are right. It is 7601. I'm sorry!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok that's what I thought because this particular unit has a common failure with the control panel going bad. You're not doing anything wrong, it's just that the touchpad goes bad often from the moisture that exits the dishwasher throughout a cycle. This part is about $115 and will need to be replaced to correct the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this something I can replace myself? I was hoping this wasn't the case because now that you have told me this, I realize this is the sixth time I have had this replaced!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
yes, you can replace this yourself if you want, you'd need to open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door. That will allow you to take the inner door liner off so you can remove the screws going into the control panel from the inside of the door.