Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I had a problem with my washing machine which was not agitating

I had a problem with my washing machine which was not agitating or spinning. We change out the direct drive coupling and noticed 2 plastic caps with pins in them under the tub on the frame. These pins have holes in the top where it would appear to have a cotter key in them. Should these pins be in place or just for shipping? It's a kitchenaid model KAWS700JQ3. I found the parts breakdown but I do not see anything about these pins. So I need to know whether to hook these pins up or not. Thanks
the plastic cups with the pins are the shipping pins, leave them like they are, .these are just for shipping the machine and when you set the machine up you pull a strap and the fall into the little cups, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the answer in one of the forums on just answer. But since we took the whole washer apart to find the problem I now have to find a small leak and I have a problem with the tub staying centered. It seems to want to lean to the front of the washer and hit the front while spinning. We did connect the 3 springs back is there any other way the tub stays straight. I also have to center the tub after every cycle for the water to enter the tub without splashing on the top.
did you take the tub out at all? did you tip this over and put it on its top? to work on it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
ok your skid plate is probably out of position, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=it sits in this,Part 470896you have to move it one turn at a time until its in the right position, its easier yo remove the springs when doing this , try it each time you move it until it runs correctly.