Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 13yo Maytag MTF2456AEA refrigerator that the drain

I have a 13yo Maytag MTF2456AEA refrigerator that the drain tube acted plugged. Water is puddling in the bottom under the crispers. This tube appears to be behind the top plastic cover (below the freezer) for the front-panel temp controls. How does this top plastic temp control/lamps/freezer-drain assembly come apart so I can get to the upper end of the drain tube at the back?

I have run wire up from the bottom of the drain port at the rear of the unit until it stopped. I can blow compressed air up the tube and that sent a few drops of dirty water out of the rear of this plastic top piece. It doesn't act plugged with the air. It flows. I put it back together and now waiting for the next defrost cycle to see if it has changed.

you need to remove the back panel in the freezer #2 on this diagram, the take really hot water and pour it over the ice under the coils until it melts completely and drains freely, this will take care of it, thanks Bryan