Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool gas dryer that is not heating up. I have

I have a whirlpool gas dryer that is not heating up. I have replaced the ignitor, the 2 thermostats and the thermal fuse. I can see the ignitor glowing hot but no flame is being ignited.
if the igniter is glowing and this doesn't light the gas valve solenoids need to be replaced, .Part 3479they are on the top of the gas valve and there is two screws holding them, just take the screws out unplug them and replace simple really, Gas Dryer Gutsyou can order these @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-+LGN2000JQ2-%3d%3di3479&PartID=3479 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Would these prevent the gas to get to the ignitor? How expensive ae these parts?

yes , these open the valve once the igniter is glowing. the parts are only 420.00 for the two of them at the site I provided, thanks Bryan
sorry its not 420 dollars its $20.00 a typo sorry hope you get this before you go and get a new dryer, I must have not held down the shift key when typing that sorry thanks Bryan