Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I get the old timer out of a Kenmore 110.82992100 washing

How do I get the old timer out of a Kenmore 110.82992100 washing machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Bryan :

ok you removed the outer know on the but did you remove the dial under it? there are 5/16 screws under the timer dial,

Part 520024
Full Size Image
remove that and you will see them, this just prys up and off. thanks bryan

Bryan :

are you still there?

Customer:

That's the problem. I removed the knob. I then removed the next item by releasing three plastic spring prongs on the next item. It is the next item that I don't know how to release so I can get to the screws you mention.

Bryan :

I need to switch this over to regular Q&A so I can get you diagrams.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
# XXXXX or 12 on this diagram you cant get off?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The only thing that will be helpful is for you to tell me how to remove this item (it might be called a trim ring or a dial and guard) that covers the two screws that hold on the timer. I know this must be removed, but for you to tell me to remove this is no help. How to remove it is what I need to know. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
that ring just pops off , you can try a flat head screw driver to pry it up. it snaps in. thats all i can tell you theres no real secret to it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are right. It does just slide off. I would not recommend using a screw driver--that would possibly break it. I used a hook to reach behind it, and then just pulled it off the timer shaft. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your very welcome , have a great day, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.