Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I have a Maytag Washer Mod #LAT9206BAE. The machine pumps

Hi, I have a Maytag Washer Mod #LAT9206BAE. The machine pumps water out ok, but the tub will not spin and soon you can smell the belts burning. If you hold the motor (tightener) so it may have a chance to spin, then the motor over loads and kicks out. Could this be a bearing somewhere in the tub assy. doing this? Thanks, Don
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

yes most likely the spin bearing is shot, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is a little difficult to replace you will need to remove the agitator and inner tub to replace this and would need a spanner wrench (special tool) to remove the inner tub and the bearing assembly. Part 1590in most cases you can get away without changing the tub seal but not always, your better off having a tech replace this, thanks Bryan, P.S. the spin bearing is around $50.00.