Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

hi. my wife has a maytag washer 9 years old, model # MAV7700AWW

hi. my wife has a maytag washer 9 years old, model # XXXXX that whe she sets the water temp to cold/cold it washes in cold but rinse in warm. we have had it fixed 4 times, 3 times for the water switch, once for the printed circeit board. still wouln't work rifgt. would it be worth it to have someone else to look at it? or what else could be wrong with it/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

since you had the board replaced and the switch the cause is the fill valve itself, this has a thermistor built in to send a signal to the board for the temp. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you can order this @ thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can this par tbe replaced? and about how much for the part? you think that it is the problem?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes I think its your problem, and yes it can be replaced, the part is $72.25. this senses the temp. if its not sensing it wont tell the board to shut the hot eater side off on the valve, you can click on the blue link above to take you to the order section for the part, thanks Bryan