Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

You answered a question of mine on Friday July 30, 2010 at

You answered a question of mine on Friday July 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM EST. I have a followup - the adjustment to gas valve corrected the size of the flame on the bake. It did not fix the broil as it still does not ignite. To me, it (the broiler igniter) looks as bright as the bake igniter (which is working). Would you still recommend replacing it? Also, the bake igniter comes on for approximately 2 1/2 minutes before the gas comes on and gets ignited. IS this time frame about normal! Thanks Glenn

just because it looks as bright as the other one doesn't mean its good, most likely it needs to be replaced, the bake and broils are two separate igniter's correct?did you see if adjusting the orifice on the broils also.? these are expensive igniter's , Sears has it for $88.00 it says oven igniter but its the one for broil, heres link, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=9751784&productGro upId=0022&supplierId=664&brandId=x&documentId=10051251&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=x&keyId=000005&pageId=00006&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=KGRT507FBL0&subCompDesc=Broiler%20and%20oven%20burner&brandDesc=KITCHENAID&modelDesc=30 thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are there two of these orifices that can be adjusted? IF yes, I suppose that one is for bake, and one for broil. Looking at a parts diagram (via Sears Parts Direct), I see that the one I adjusted is for bake. So, if there is one for broil, I will try adjusting that as well. But remember, the broil doesn't ignite. So, is adjusting the orifice for broil going to have any effect on it igniting ??? Also, what about the 2 1/2 minute bake question?
Thanks! Glenn
well the 2 and 1/2 minute bake means that igniter is probably getting weak also. this should lite in about 45 seconds, there should be an orifice for the broils also but not sure if thats the issue, the igniter's may just be getting weak,