Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I need to replace an ice maker on my Sears elite side by side

I need to replace an ice maker on my Sears elite side by side Ref. The model # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN I'm not sure what screws to remove and how to slide it out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

ok, this is across the front of the freezer correct. your auger is in the door itself right? on the right side towards the back of the ice maker there is a 1/4 inch screws going up that holds the plastic wiring cover, remove that and take the cover off. part # XXXXX on this diagram, then push the flap in on the left side and slide the ice maker out, you will need to remove the door covering the ice maker also, unplug the old ice maker and install the new one, hope the helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I reduce the size of the diagram, so I can see a full view of the ice maker in the Freezer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i can tell from the diagram wher rhe ice maker isyou say#46 screw but I don't see where they are showing a screw
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Let try to improve on my typing.I can't tell from the diagram where the ice machine is in the diagram Is the 46 screw under a plastic base??? Also what are the plastic flaps on the diagram???
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry had to step out for a bit, # XXXXX is the cover not the screw, the screw is on the right bottom back side of the ice maker holding # XXXXX in, the plastic flap is on the left side of the freezer and it pushes in when the door closes,