Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, I have a Maytag clothes dryer model number med9700sb0.

Hello, I have a Maytag clothes dryer model number med9700sb0. It has 3 of the indicator lights dimly lit. The "damp" light on the left side and "extra low" on the speed and one other one that I cant remember. These lights are barely lit and none of the buttons on the dryer will do anything. The drum light comes on when the door is opened. I unplugged it, and flipped the brteaker back and forth but every time I put power to the dryer these lights come back on and its like the thing is locked up, none of the buttons are responsive. The drum turns freely. Any ideas where to start?

you need to check the thermal fuse in this, Part 2986its located on the blower assembly, you can put the two wires together and tape them(for a test only do not leave jumped out its a safety) and then try the dyer, if it starts replace it, you can order it @ thanks Bryan