Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello. I have a Maytag Refrigerator side by side Model number

Hello. I have a Maytag Refrigerator side by side Model number MZD2665HEW. My question is - it stop producing water at the front pad that you press and its not producing anymore ice. The filter went out after a couples of years and we could never find the right replacement. water is at the water line coming out. I disconnected the line to see if the water still exist and it did. Any ideals what the problem or solutions?

pull the crisper drawer out in the fresh food section and you will see this

Part 916303its the chiller, take a hair dryer and defrost this and keep trying the water as you go, let me know if it works, if not we will check other things.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay will try that Brian
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well! Try that still no water. The other day when I find out it was not producing water or ice. I disconnect the line in the back to check it. Water was there. Then connected it back and try it I got a little water out of the front when I pressed the pad. But nothing after that.
ok you need the valve then. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=just wanted to make sure it wasn't frozen first before you order it, you can order this @ for $27.00, this should take care of it, thanks Bryan