Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dishwasher is not working correctly. I put the appropriate

My dishwasher is not working correctly. I put the appropriate soap in the cup, close the cup and turn on the dishwasher. When it's finished all the dishes are still dirty and the soap appears to have drained down the door and settled on the front floor of the washer. All my silverware placed on the door under the soap cup are all coated with white that is not easily washed off by hand. The number on the inside of the washer is ADB3500AWB. Please let me know what you think is happening. Thanks, Ed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

start the dish washer and let it fill, then open the door and tell me how much water is in the tub after it fills. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok. I've just turned it on and, it is filling
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It fills to the bottom of the heating element. That's about 1 1/4" - 1 3/8"
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
is the water sloshing around when its running? can you hear it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes . The spray bars seem to be spinning also.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well I think the water level may be a little low. if its low the water pressure through the pump assembly drops and theres not enough pressure to clean the dishes, check the float make sure its not sticking if it moving up and down freely then replace the water valve. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where is the float for the water control valve?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
this is the float, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=part # XXXXX on this diagram,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how deep should the water be? what starts the pump. is it time or water depth. lastly after sitting for ten - fifteen minutes the water level appears to be lower. is there an adjustment for the valve/float?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
the float should move up and down freely, there may be a cover over it you need to remove to get to it, theres no adjustment and the water will come in until either the timer moves past the fill stage or the float gets up to where it shuts the valve off, the water should be at least 2-21/2 inches deep. I think your valve is bad and not opening fully and letting enough water in before the timer shuts it off,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think that you are right. I noticed that the spray bars weren't spinning. I added about a quart of water to the tub and it seemed to work fine . So i call the parts place tomorrow and buy a new valve....Thanks for your time. If I still have a problem how do i contact you?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
just come back and post again I will receive it even after you press accept, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what determines the fill time? is it the float, and it fills until the float switch opens the circuit,or is it timed using the float as a limit. i looked at the wiring diagram and it appears as if the only thing that limits the fill is the float switch which cycles the water valve. is there a timer on the circuit board that i missed?........................ED
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
the float is a limit the machine fills by the time allotted by the timer if the valve isn't opening fully it runs out of time before its filled fully, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician