Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool cabrio automatic cloth washer. Purchased

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool cabrio automatic cloth washer. Purchased from Lowe's Frederick MD on 6 January 2007. I have had no problems with it up until now. When I load the washer, choose settings and press start, the washer starts buy then stops. The LCD shows code F l. Not sure if l is the number one or letter L. The washer was not in use for 14 days. Not sure if that has anything to do with the problem.

According to the manual page 19, TROUBLE SHOOTING instructions, F--"F##" code: I should Press PAUSE/CANCEL once to clear code. Press START. if code appears again, call service.
I press pause/cancel and press start and code appears again. If the power is turned off and then on and the washer restarted it will work properly. I sometimes have to do this twice and the washer will perform as normal. Sometime it will stop during the rinse cycle, and I the press pause/cancel and press start and it will work properly.

Can you tell me what the problem is and how to correct it? Do I need to call service? If so, please recommend a reliable company in Frederick Md. Thank you.

James M. Cashman [email protected]
Sunday 1 August 2010
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

TYPE: 581

Is this what you need?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

ok the codes your referring to don't show up in the service tech sheets, take a look at the service sheets for this and try the tests and see if a different code comes up, this link has all the tests in it and it tells you the meaning of the codes, and possible remedy"s, in the meantime ill be checking for a reliable tech for you, click this link I'll be back in a bit thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Have you been able to find a reliable tech for me?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I checked a few, some are not listed with the BBB which is how I usually tell if they are reputable but only one came up and he has a B+ rating which isn't bad. its called Peace & Plenty Appliances 601 East South Street Frederick, MD 21701-5735
Get Directions (301) 695-8086, if you want to you can get whirlpool factory service @ and they can give you an appointment or direct you to someone in your area. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you Bryan,

I did Accept Answer.

I received an email receipt for $38.00 as payment for your service.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thank you and well wishes, Bryan