Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

Maytag 3000 series with code F21 constantly coming up. I can

Maytag 3000 series with code F21 constantly coming up. I can only get it to the rinse stage and then this code keeps coming up. Drain hose doesn't seem to be clogged. Makes a kind of humming sound. Can not get it to drain water out of washer. Please help. washer is only little over year old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 6 years ago.
There is something in the pump it needs to be cleaned out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

okay thank you, XXXXX XXXXX please tell me how i go about doing that. i am new to all this and need it to be broken down step by step and simple. what all do i need to disconnect, check and look for. can you also let me know exactly where the parts are located?

would this explain why it initially starts washing but then flashes the code F21 about 20-30 minutes thru the cycle. I have tried cleaning the washer with the affresh tablets because the light was lit saying it needed the affresh cleaning but nothing has helped. when i lift up the drain hose i can hear all this water being emptied out of the drain hose when i move it around. thank you i greatly appreciate your help.

I need the model# XXXXX the machine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hi again,

my boyfriend looked at and feels that the pump needs to be replaced. i am almost positive that we purchased the extended warranty thru Lowes, so I am going to contact them in the morning. hopefully this is something that will be covered. just out of curiousity, if I have to pay out of pocket for the pump do you know what they cost. also how complicated is it to fix?

thanks for your time.

It is easy to replace a couple hoses and a plug in wire connection.The pump i believe is about 80 dollars.