Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a washing machine that is leaking half way through the

I have a washing machine that is leaking half way through the wash. Somewhere between the cool down and the rinse. Probably the rinse. Can I fix it myself or call repair service. What would the estimate cost be of repair. Thanks Don

90 % of the time its the pump. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these can be a pain to do, there are two screws # XXXXX on this diagram, take them out and remove the front panel then run a load and see where the water is comming from. if its the pump(right in the front) replace it if its the tub seal around the center shaft call a tech . thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Couple Follow ups please

What would the estimate cost be to replace the pump. Its and Amana Machine Heavy Load, Labor and Part.

Could the cause of breakdown be because the load in the machine was to heavy. My son put a large thick blanket it the machine.

Thanks, Don

oh , well a large thick blanket could damage the tub seal which you couldn't do yourself and are looking at around $200.00 to have a tech do it , as far as the pump that would run around $ 130.00 for a tech to do, the pump runs around $43.00, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

One last question for now.

Ive done a couple loads since spotting the leak. The machine sounds and works the same except for the leak at the the rinse cycle. Your best guess right now would it be the pump or the seal. Im thinking the seal because of the blanket.

How long do good machines usually last before needing replacement.

I will see that you get paid soon. Just want to talk to the wife to see if she has any questions. Thanks, don

well these machines are good for a lot of years, maybe 8-10 after that they start having problems like anything else it just depends on how hard its used, and yes the seal or the pump is my guess,seen a lot of these over the years. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks Bryan,

Wife thinks machine is pretty old and we will probably buy a new one.

Thanks for your input. It was a big help.

Don

your very welcome, have a great day, thanks Bryan