Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I bought a Bravos Automatic Washer 10-14-09. It has done a

I bought a Bravos Automatic Washer 10-14-09. It has done a real good job cleaning my husbands Carhartt overalls untill just lately. He get pretty dirty-not greasy-and for some reason that look like they have never gone through the washer. Am real frustrated with this problem. I don't see that you endore a certain brand of detergent so have just used any HE detergent that is in my price range. I hope you can tell me what the problem is so his overalls look clean again. Thanks for your time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joan-Mod replied 4 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.
Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.
Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Best,
Joan
Moderator
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number should be inside the lid area of the machine...

Also are you getting any error codes on the display while it is running...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Ser # XXXXX

There are no error codes when I am using the machine.

Like I said it is just not getting my husbands dirty overalls clean. It started out fine but has gotten worse. It isn't a very good investment if it doesn't clean your clothes.

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Does it seem to take longer for a cycle to complete now? I have to go to my regular job now, and will not be back on till tonight..
Chas
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO. The time it says is usually how long it takes to do a load.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
That is just estimated time, not the real time, about ten minutes into the wash with clothes in it, pause it and open the lid, see if all the clothes are wet at that time...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I decided to try Tide laundry soap and some Biz and that seemed to help a lot. Guess I am going to have to use more than just laundry soap.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Well a lot if the GENERIC ones do not have the cleaning power of TIDE and such, also using the wrong amounts will cause problems also...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So the Tide and the Biz seem to be working so for now that is all I need to know. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Your Welcome.

Have a nice weekend.

Chas

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech