Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

How do I get my new elec range to bake. It now says L oc

How do I get my new elec range to bake. It now says "L oc"
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 6 years ago.

Try holding the start button for 5 seconds.

Brandon

Please remember to click accept and leave feedback, you can still ask followups if needed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SAME QUESTION ..I TRIED YOUR CURE ...IT DIDN'T CHANGE ANY THING. MODL # XXXXX 7662 ? Q1

I pulled the tech sheet on it, mer7662 is a good model number. If LOC is showing up, generally speaking

Page 4 of http://www.maytag.com/assets/product/MER7662WS_Use%20and%20Care_EN.pdf

Will indicate the loc display. Do any functions work? It says Only the CLOCK, OVEN LIGHT, and KITCHEN TIMER keypads will function with the controls locked. Do these function? If they don't you might have some type of software problem. In which case I might recommend unplugging for 5 mins and then plugging back in. If not do any buttons work or beep? Thanks!

Brandon

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry to be such a nuisance. ,, but I am 82 and not very good at computer stuff.

I flipped the breaker switch, since I can't pull out the stove. it is too heavy.

This seems to have fixed it THANKS, BONNIE....

Glad to hear it. Flipping a breaker, pulling the plug same thing. Most likely you just had a software glitch. Doe it seem to bake and all correctly? If you have any further issues just come back to this post and ask. Also please remember to click accept and leave feedback for me. Thanks again!

Brandon