Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

LG tromm

LG tromm
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
well the problem is going to be the fact that it's not draining because it won't even attempt to spin or rinse if it can't drain the water. There is a little access panel down at the bottom fo the front panel on the washer. Remove this and remove the 3" diameter plastic drain cap behind it. Watch out because all the water in the tub will come out unless you tip the machine backwards and lean it against a wall. Check to see if there is any blockages in the drain catch behind the cap and if you find nothing, you'll need to order and replace the drain pump unfortunately.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the drain pump located and is this a guarentee fix. I've got alot of mechanical ability and tools. is this something i can change. I've removed the drain basket and found a little blockage before sending my first e-mail but sill no results.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
yes you can can fix it yourself if you'd like. It can never be guaranteed but I've never seen it be anything else in the 50+ I've worked on with this issue.

The drain pump is just to the left of that drain catch so you'll need to remove the top panel, then the control panel, then the front panel to access and replace the drain pump.