John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Was just cooking on my flat top stove and now none of the eyes

Customer Question

Was just cooking on my flat top stove and now none of the eyes are working
Category: Appliance
Expert:  FixAllPhil replied 6 years ago.

To accurately diagnose this problem could you please try the bake and broil in the oven and let me know if they are working?

Also can you send me the model number from the tag? It should be on the rail that you can see when the lower drawer is opened.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Oven is not working at all

Model # XXXXX

Thank you very much!

Since the oven and top are all not working the problem is either not enough power to the range due to a bad breaker in the home or wiring. Or the problem is L2 (red wire) inside the range is broken.

In order to repair you will need to have a volt meter to check the incoming power to the range. Do you have access to one?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My husband my have a meter...not home of course. Would I be able to see the red wire in the oven?

You would have to take the back panel off of the oven to see it. The red wire will typically break just above where the power cord connects to the range. If you do look for this be sure the power is disconnected!

Before you do that, go back to the breaker box and make sure to try turning the breaker all the way off then back on again. Be sure the oven and stove top is off when you do this. I know you already tried this but it sure sounds like no power to one of the power lines to the range. There may be 2 breakers for the oven in the breaker box, if so try them both.