applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

Our Maytag refrigerator (model # MFC2061HES) had its door

Our Maytag refrigerator (model # XXXXX) had it's door left open just a crack overnight. The next day all the contents were warm, and the thermometer read that it was 125 degrees inside. I figured all I would need to do was shut the door and wait for the compressor to cycle and cool things down. Well, it's now the next day and still no change. The freezer section is working fine - all food frozen just fine. Any thoughts on how I ought to solve this problem?
Thanks - Ben
Hi, can you hear the fan in the freezer running?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I can hear the fan in the freezer section (on this model it is located below the fridge) - although the food compartment is about as full as it can get, and since the fridge section quit working it's quite frosted in the freezer
You will need to defrost the freezer. With the door left open you have frost build up and it is blocking the air from getting to the refer section. You will either need to use a hair dryer in the freezer or unplug the unit and let it thaw out. If you use the hair dryer you have to make sure the vents in the back of the refer section on the floor under the crisper's are also thawed out. Do not hold the dryer in one spot, keep it moving or you will melt your liner.