Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I had this same problem 3-4 months ago. Refrigerator is not

I had this same problem 3-4 months ago. Refrigerator is not keeping items cold. I have a freezer-on top model and the freezer is fine. I defrosted the refrigerator and freezer and was better for awhile but am noticing that the refrigerator is not very cold again. What is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

did you replace anything the last time this happened? do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have a volt meter. I did not replace anything. I only defrosted the unit, then plugged it back in and it was fine for awhile. This fridge is almost 6 years old if that's helpful.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well its going to be 1 of these parts thats bad. 1 the defrost thermostat,(most likely) Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=2 the defrost timer.Part 311082( next in line for failure) or 3 the defrost heater( less likely) Part 880036 but you would need a meter to check these, it is repairable though, hope this helps, thanks Bryan