SparePartsPro, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  EITB Trained Maint Tech, BTEC Mech Eng, 10 yrs Appl Tech

help!!!!! had a problem with my diplomat adp5820 main fan oven

help!!!!! had a problem with my diplomat adp5820 main fan oven for a while which has given me a right royal pain in the arse!!!

Firstly it stopped heating up so i changed the element, this did nt resolve the problem. it then would nt switch the fan on or gain any heat from the element. i was then advised it was probably the thermostat so i proceeded to buy the correct part (which took some getting!!!) one and fit it, this also has nt cured the problem!!!!! the clock still works but nothing from the oven!!!!

The only things left to try are the fan and motor or the ciruit board.

Please Please help as the wife is about to call someone in at an extaushionate price when i can do most things myself, i just need the correct advise!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 6 years ago.
Hi There

What you need to do is try and identify the thermal cut out.
Take the rear panel off the back of the oven. Some where at the top of the oven you will find the thermal cut out. It is screwed to the back face of the oven.
Disconnect the terminal wires and with a multimeter check for open circuit.
If there is no continuity then you will need to replace it.

Try that and come back to me.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
any ideas what it might look like as i cant seem to see it? will it be anywhere near the fan?
I don't think it's near the fan. You will normally fitted in the top left hand corner as you look from the rear.
It's only a small component with two wires connected to it. Wired in series with the heater.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

cant seem to find it!!!!!!!! traced all the wiring and seen a picture of said thermal cutout but cant see the damn thing?

When you trace the wire from the output side of the oven thermostat down to the heater element you should find the in line thermal cutout.