Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.

My bosch dishwasher has developed a problem. The top spinning

Customer Question

My bosch dishwasher has developed a problem. The top spinning arm does not revolve at all. Therefore machine does not perform its function - can you please help??
Rod Waspe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Hi Rod

I am in Mlaga, small world.

Is there no water at all coming out of the top arm, or is there water coming out but just not turning?
You need to let the wash start and open the door very quickly to see. Try it several times

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, water is coming out of the jets but the arm doesn't bedge. The bottom arm is turning, no problem.....

Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
if you try turning the arm by hand it should spin very freely, try the lower arm for comparison.
You say you cleaned all the holes, recheck especially at the ends.
Also check to see if the arms are split anywhere. Are these plastic or metal arms?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Turning the arms by hand they both revolve. But the upper one does not move when machine is switched on - what is the cause please??
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
If the water is getting there and you say it is, the arm is either split or worn.
It is only the pressure of the water coming out of the holes that turns the arms.
If the arms are clear, as you say, the water is either leaking through a split in the arm, or its worn and you will need to replace the upper arm.

I hope this answers your question and you click the accept button for me, as this is how I get paid for helping you.