Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a GE gas range model # jgbp28gev4wh all the elecrodes

I have a GE gas range model # XXXXX all the elecrodes on the stove top dont spark. What is wrong?
Hi
When it should be igniting, do you hear any clicking anywhere?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no.
Hi
Thanks
OK, it sounds like the spark generator is faulty.
The electrodes are all wired to this box which creates the high voltage spark. If some work, its normally a problem with the electrode. If you hear it clicking but no spark, its generally faulty wiring. If there is nothing, normally the generator itself is faulty.
Check the wiring first, and follow it back from the electrodes to the generator. If you need a replacement see here

I hope this answers your question and you click the accept button for me, as this is how I get paid for helping you.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just checked again and I hear a very slight clicking when I tried each of the 4 burners. BUt there is no spark at the elctode.

Usually I would hear a loud clicking but not anymore.

My wife also has said that it has died a slow death over the last two weeks. Would this make sense based on your answer.

Hi
You need to follow the wiring to the electrodes and see if the insulation has broken down , causing the "spark" to go to earth.
If you see something that looks bad, turn the igniter on nd see if you can see it spark at that point, if you do you need to repair or replace that wire.

If all looks well, it is almost certain to be the generator.

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you very much.

Your welcome.
Have a good day

Thanks
Rob