Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

my washing machine wont drain... when it gets through the

my washing machine won't drain... when it gets through the washing cycle the switch makes a sound and then it just completely shuts off. My husband replaced the timer switch tonight but it's still not working!!! Any suggestions?
Hiya,

The most common reason that this problem would occur on that model washer is that the lid switch is broken. Check to see if it will click ok. If not, you may be able to push a pen or wooden Popsicle stick down into the slot to get it to switch on.

Even if it clicks ok, you would want to check it electrically be sure it will complete the circuit when engaged.

This diagram may help you (either now or later if we need to go further in troubleshooting this).

This is the switch on the top front right of the machine with the lid open. you will see two Phillip head screws holding it in place. easy fix is to unplug machine and take screws out of switch, clip wires and use wire nuts to connect another switch.

View Full Image

Edited by Neilwill on 8/1/2010 at 4:53 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

...clip wires and use wire nuts to connect another switch... Do I purchase another switch?

Hiya,

Yes, you can bring the model number with you to Sears and get a new lid switch for model
110.22642100

Sears parts site is down right now for a few hours of maintenance.
But you can find this part there too.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
awesome! my husband pulled it out and the case is loose and when he holds it together it clicks... so it is the lid switch.
Great.
If my answer was helpful, please click the green accept button.

Edited by Neilwill on 8/1/2010 at 5:33 AM EST