Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My smu2046uc/14 bosch dishwasher is not washing. there is power.

My smu2046uc/14 bosch dishwasher is not washing. there is power. I hear it making sounds but everything is just getting wet but the spinning jets are not going around much and the soap tray doesn't empty. and now doesn't drain completely. is there any hope? what can I check first? I'm handy with tools. thanks
you need to pull the machine out and on the left side go into the catch pan under the machine and sop up all the water in it, this can be a pain to do however, depending on how this is plumbed in. you may need to call for service but its not a big repair. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what about there not being any pressure for the spinning jet arm and inadequate rinsing? I ran a cycle again it seems to drain after I cleaned out the drain baskets, but the washing arm doesn't move.
how much water is in the bottom after this fills? do you hear the main wash pump come on after it fills?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no water is collecting. I hear a pump/moter running. there is nothing coming out of the top washing arm and the lower arm doesn't move and only has sudsy water spurting out. What needs to be checked for the water pressure? the drain seems fine now. I haven't pulled it out yet.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the link you provided does not have afill valve listed. please provide a part number or a better description. also the link is for a model # XXXXX 09, not smu2046uc 14 which is what I have. Perhaps they are the same. Please provide me with a better part description. thanks

sorry I just hit the wrong link same part though, heres the link for your which is basically identical machine parts,!retrieveModelDetails.pd?modelNumber=SMU2046UC-14 (FD 7402-7902)&productCategoryId=0130000&brandId=1794&brandDescription=BOSCH&modelName=DISHWASHER&searchedModel=smu2046uc 14

they call it a water solenoid, part # XXXXX

part # XXXXX on this diagram, sorry for the confusion, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you! On a scale of easy to complicated, how difficult is it to swap this out? I did the installation myself so pulling it out is no problem. Or should I call a service technician?

this is fairly easy, just pull the machine out and its the part your water line hooks up to. thanks Bryan