kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing/installing various appliances
32169475

It looks like there is mold in the rubber door section of my

It looks like there is mold in the rubber door section of my Whirlpool front loading washer. How can this be fixed so it doesn't keep happening?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 6 years ago.
There are tablets that need to be run through the machine at least once a month. You can buy these at your local Lowes or similar store. These will help take away the mold and soap build-up from inside the machine. Also do not keep your door on the washing machine shut after washing. There is no way to allow the unit to dry unless you leave it open a little from time to time. Mold comes from moisture so the less moisture you leave in it the better.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I always leave the door open
Then this could be a room that is high in humidity so you may need to run the tablets more often to keep the build-up down. By doing this it won't allow the mold to get a foot hold. I also know of others that have to do the same thing because of mold issues. If you were able to run a dehumidifier in the room it would be a great help. The only other option would be to wipe it down after each use, but that would be a pain.