How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kingcobra80 Your Own Question
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 5645
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing/installing various appliances
32169475
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
kingcobra80 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It looks like there is mold in the rubber door section of my

Resolved Question:

It looks like there is mold in the rubber door section of my Whirlpool front loading washer. How can this be fixed so it doesn't keep happening?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 6 years ago.
There are tablets that need to be run through the machine at least once a month. You can buy these at your local Lowes or similar store. These will help take away the mold and soap build-up from inside the machine. Also do not keep your door on the washing machine shut after washing. There is no way to allow the unit to dry unless you leave it open a little from time to time. Mold comes from moisture so the less moisture you leave in it the better.
kingcobra80 and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I always leave the door open
Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 6 years ago.
Then this could be a room that is high in humidity so you may need to run the tablets more often to keep the build-up down. By doing this it won't allow the mold to get a foot hold. I also know of others that have to do the same thing because of mold issues. If you were able to run a dehumidifier in the room it would be a great help. The only other option would be to wipe it down after each use, but that would be a pain.

Related Appliance Questions