FixAllPhil, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years of experience in the appliance and HVAC fields

I want to install a new Inglis built in dishwasher myself yet

Customer Question

I want to install a new Inglis built in dishwasher myself yet I cannot locate the dishwasher's outlet drain. Then I noticed this ORANGE cover so I removed it. Was this orange cover covering the outlet drain?

This new Inglis didn't come with pink insulation. Is insulation necessary?

Finally, should I use the corrugated drain hose that came with the dishwasher or should I just connect the existing drain hose from the basement directly to the dishwasher's drain outlet? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  FixAllPhil replied 6 years ago.

You are correct the about the orange cap on the drain outlet.

The insulation may or not be standard with your dishwasher depending on the model purchased. The insulation will dampen the sound slightly while running. The performance of the dishwasher will not be adversely effected without it.

It is always best to use a new drain hose when possible. This is because the old hose may be deteriorating inside to the point where it could possibly leak in the future.

Let me know if you have more questions.