Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation

I own a GE Adora top-loading heavy duty king size capacity

Customer Question

I own a GE Adora top-loading heavy duty king size capacity clothes washer. No problems for 4.5 years. Today it starts to act up- starts filling then stops at a minimal water level and moves to the rinse cycle, then stops and washes. it kind of goes haywire but continues the wash cycle with little water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 6 years ago.

The most common reason that this problem would occur on that model washer is that the lid switch is broken. Check to see if it will click ok. If not, you may be able to push a pen or wooden Popsicle stick down into the slot to get it to switch on.

Even if it clicks ok, you would want to check it electrically be sure it will complete the circuit when engaged.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Wrong machine! There is no slot to push down a switch. Its an electronic switch. Lost confidence in this process, will not continue. Provide refund.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Your initial response was so generic and not applicable to the information I provided that I lost confidence in this on-line process. I do not want to pay and I do not want to continue this conversation.