Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

My electrolux dishwasher has stopped running with all the lights

Customer Question

My electrolux dishwasher has stopped running with all the lights flashing on the control panel. Model #EIDW6105GSI. Please help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Hiya ,

When all the lights on the control panel are flashing and turning off the breaker to reboot the dishwasher does not help, and you hear noises inside the dishwasher
like water is running and sound of running engine.
This error means the unit thinks there is water in the base pan and flooding. So it turns the drain pump on to make sure all the water inside the dishwasher is drained out. As for getting rid of the error, you will need to uninstall the entire dishwasher and remove the lower access panel by tipping the machine on it's side. Soak up all the water in the drain pan and if the water comes back you will need to try and find a leak as to why the error is happening.

If it is quiet inside the dishwasher and it is not trying to run at all then you have
a stuck key on the key pad.
This can not be repaired and the key pad needs to be replaced.

If you did not install the machine your self, you may need a hands on tech on location.
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a part that needs to be replaced?
Expert:  Neilwill replied 4 years ago.
Hia,

Check to see if the CONTROL LOCK is enabled. If it is, then it can be disabled by pressing and holding the NO HEAT DRY key for 4 deliberate seconds or until the LOCK ON light turns off. This is not likely your problem but it is worth checking.

Your symptoms point to a stuck key or failed control console keypad. A failed electronic control board could also cause this problem. The normal procedure for repairing this type of problem is to replace the control console first. If the problem continues, then the electronic control board would need to be replaced. You may want to have a service technician complete this type of repair since there are no tests to check the console keypad or the electronic control board to determine which one is the failed component.

Check to see if circuit breaker is tripped or if
a fuse is blown.
• Make sure water supply is turned on.
• Check to see if cycle is set correctly.
(See Operating Instructions, pages 5-8.)
• Check to see if the Delay Start option has
been selected.
Make sure door is closed and latched.
Check to see if the dishwasher is in the Child
Lock mode.

Here is a link to the diagram of the control panel and the parts you can buy at Sears.

Edited by Neilwill on 8/2/2010 at 1:21 PM EST