Our ice maker freezes up after a few days and ice forms on

Our ice maker freezes up after a few days and ice forms on the parts and on the housing. What's could the problem be? I have removed the Ice maker unit and melted the ice. If I reinstall it, it will work for a few days and the I notice ice build up on the unit and dripping water onto the selves.
If the ice maker is dripping water, I think you will have to replace the water inlet valve that is back by the compressor. it has two coils and is mostly blue in color. If it is going bad it can allow a slight leak and create this problem. thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would that cause the funnel that receives the water from the water line (black tube from top of freezer) to from an Ice build up and freeze closed?
a constant drip of water will cause this.