Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a kenmore microwave. The interior light will not light

Customer Question

I have a kenmore microwave. The interior light will not light when the door is open nor when cooking. In addition, the turn table motor will not turn. It appears that these are wired together and I thought replacing the burned out lamp would do the trick. However, I replaced the interior lamp but with no luck. Any other suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

they are wired though the control board and it will have to be replaced to fix these problems ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
before i go off line, take my insulin and rest up is there anything else i can do for you today before I go
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why the control board? The control board on the door?
the part you press to set the clock and to run it
before i go off line is there anything else i can do for you today before I go
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The part I press to set the clock and run the microwave is in the door. There is however a PCB Assembly in a panel to the right of my door. Is this the board you are talking about? It has a series of relays and other circuits that all the wires seem to eventually go to. Finally, should I replace the turn table motor as well or do you think the board will do the trick? Thanks.
the part number is XXXXX and its number 2006 in this picture
graphic