Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

Hi, I have a maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW. Several months ago

Hi, I have a maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW. Several months ago it quit working properly. I replaced the wax motor and no longer had problems. Now it has quit working again. The problem is different this time. The door locked light comes on and the door locks, so it isn't the wax motor. Now the machine shuts off 30 to 50 seconds after the start button is pressed, regardless of the timer/cycle position. Water will start filling at the beginning of a wash cycle and will start draining at the beginning of the spin cycle then the machine will shut off. I have done the motor and motor control diagnostics, no problems there. I have checked the out-of-balance circuit and switches, even jumpered them out, no changes or problems with it. Would the problem be in the machine control board or the timer or somewhere else?
Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

you need to replace the control board inside the control panel ,, it should have been replaced when you replace the wax motor ,, the part number is XXXXX and cost about $168 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Larry,

I replaced the motor control board and wax motor with new parts from

The same problem continues. the machine shuts off 44 seconds after the start button is pressed. Any cycle position.

MAH4000AWW control board 22002989 wax motor 12002535

Any thing else it might be?