Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Frigidaire front loading washer Model GLTF2940ES3 Serial

Frigidaire front loading washer Model: GLTF2940ES3

Serial: XC70618739

Mfg. date: 02/07

• First sign of a problem was water was starting to fill then would stop, the control board seemed to be counting down and clicking but nothing would happen
• Same with the drum, it would start to turn and then stop
• When I replaced the main control board, again the water would start to fill then stop
• When I turn to the “drain and spin” cycle it would start to pump out then stop, the drum would not turn

• Would bad water control valves affect the “drain/spin” cycle? (I was thinking it was a water problem, but wouldn’t the “drain/spin” cycle still run?)
• Would a bad pressure switch shut everything down like this?
• There is another control board (door lock), could this be shutting down the machine? The door does lock, and then unlock after a cycle.

• The small hose going from the water pump to the pressure switch appears clear as I can blow air through it from the upper end by the switch
• The screens on the water control valves are clean

Thanks much,

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joan-Mod replied 6 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.
Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.
Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi Jon...From what you are explaining ...If the doorlock is working and you have replaced the main control board...Then the motor control board is faulty...It is located at the bottom rear right side inside the cabinet itself..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi MasterTech,

Sounds like the next step. Would this be affecting the water valves also?

We live in the western Pacific country of Palau where the power supply is always iffy, blackout and worse brownouts all the time. Can you suggest a good line conditioner that would work with the washer?

I've replaced the control board on the dryer twice now, is there a line conditoner made to work with 220v?

thanks much,

If the water is stopping to fill at some point then i would first check the pressure switch...If you say there is a new control board and you have not had any power outtages then check the pressure switch and the hose that leads from the pressure switch to the tub..
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair