Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a french door LG refrigerator, model no. LFX25971st,

I have a french door LG refrigerator, model no. LFX25971st, installed 9/5/2008. For the past month, water has been accumulating on the bottom of the freezer and then some of it defrosting and running on the floor. It could be because the ice build up holds the drawer from closing completely. The fridge temp was set at 39 degrees and the freezer was set at 2 degrees. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

the drain is stopped up in the freezer, remove the inside back panel in the freezer and pour hot water into the troft under the coil and the bottom back until the drain hole opens and the water drains andput it back together and it will be fine ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do you do that?
remove the inside back panel in the freezer and pour hot water into the troft under the coil and the bottom back until the drain hole opens and the water drains andput it back together and it will be fine