Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

Hi. I am installing a dishwasher (model # KUDS40FVPA4) and

Customer Question

Hi. I am installing a dishwasher (model # KUDS40FVPA4) and am stuck. First, the piece that locks the dishwasher door came out, and now it appears to be locked in the door. Second, I tried looking for the handle to release the door lock, but I cannot seem to find one...is there a separate handle that fits in place on the door? John
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 6 years ago.
You shouldn't have any door latch issues from a new dishwasher. Personally I would take advantage of your 1 year in home warranty or take it back. If you want ne to help you I can but you have bought a dishwasher with a problem. They are not sold some assembly required. Thanks.

Brandon