Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a smartheat Kenmore He4 Quiet pak 9 and i have no heat,

Customer Question

I have a smartheat Kenmore He4 Quiet pak 9 and i have no heat, I have pulled out the heating element and that test good and looks good (I just replaced that 1 month ago), I have cleaned out the lint trap in front and made sure there was nothing blocking the exhaust. I just tested a fuse that was towards the front, left of the machine(up by the front lint collector but u get to it from the back) and that tested where do I go? I have no schematics for this...Please help a girl out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
If the element doesn't work the thermal fuse wouldn't cut out the heat, it would stop the motor from working. There are 2 high limit thermostats on the left side of the heating canister and those can cut the heat out. They look like 1" round devices with 2 wires attached to heating canister. You can test them with a multimeter and it should read less than 1 ohm of resistance between each terminals if you remove the wires. If everything checks good, replace the main relay board under the top panel on the left side.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When you say heating canister do you mean the tin piece that the heating element sits in?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
that's correct yes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
With all the wires completely off the canister, the high limit thermostat closer to the heating element terminals reads less than an ohm and then the last one reads open. So the one that reads open is bad?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
yes, the one that is open is bad and needs to be replaced.