Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.

I have a frigidaire front load washer that stops when it gets

I have a frigidaire front load washer that stops when it gets to the spin cycle. I changed the control board but that did not work. It agitates but when it's time to go into the spin cycle the unit shuts down. The water drains as well.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you with this problem today!
May I please have the model number so I can better assist you? It is located on a tag just behind the door.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry, i lost internet connection in my area. sure the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Thanks! Ok, so in order to diagnose this problem CORRECTLY, you MUST have a multimeter or at LEAST an ohmmeter and know how to use it. This diagnosis is based on the symptom you stated that the washer drains ok, tumbles ok, but NO spin.
That being said, 7 times out of ten this is a problem with the speed control/motor control board (MCU) and NOT the CCU which I'm guessing is what you've replaced. 2 out of ten times its a problem with the door lock assembly or door lock catch assembly.Even a broken door catch can cause this, so check carefully the catch carefully. First, make SURE that ALL connections leading from the MCU to the motor itself and the rest of the machine are SECURE. The MCU can easily be checked electrically by following the procedure listed in the tech sheet (located in an envelope on the lower,inside panel next to the shocks) which simply involves removing the MCU harness connector and checking resistances between points both on the motor itself and on the MCU. You will also check the MCU fuse here, but that is likely ok because the machine still operates in the WASH cycle as you said. These MCU boards go bad ALOT. Every once in a blue moon, I have run across a bad high speed winding on the motor itself which would require replacing the motor and, as I said, is checked easily with the procedure in the tech sheet and your multimeter/ohmmeter.
One more thing -- Some of these had a reed switch in the dispenser that was very problematic and was designed OUT of the system by way of a JUMPER on the CCU. The machine will NOT spin with this circuit open.The reed switch in the dispenser was determined to be useless, so make sure since you replaced the CCU that there is either a jumper at the connector for the reed switch OR a WORKING reed switch on the dispenser AND a magnet in the dispenser drawer to operate it. OR, just remove the reed switch and jumper the connection yourself.

PLEASE let me know if you have any questions about what I have said here.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks so much for the detailed response!